Sunday, January 28, 2007

Sunday Morning

There was a lot spoken this morning in Church. I did not nearly get it all.

Dr. Robert, talking about in the context of a report from the transition team said, "Our healing will come in serving." Then he said, and I am paraphrasing now, serving is a good, good thing. And it is a good thing that we can seek our own healing in reconciling others to Him.

Then, Julie sent this to me in an e-mail. I edited for this post.

This morning in the 9am prayer, Mary asked the Lord to show us what to pray, so we could pray what was on His heart. I don't remember the exact order of things, but the following things also were said:

Peggy was asking where the scripture was that began "My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh." She was struck by the phrase - "God's words are health to all their flesh" This is from Prov 4:20 - 22.

Then Rob noted the next verse: Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the wellsprings of life.

Then Mary prayed that the Lord would cause to gush the wells that were stopped up or were only a trickle -- and that there would be an overflow.

I believe that what Tom was saying about "if peace is missing, if confidence is missing, then we need to spend time in His presence, believing His word, and acting on His word in faith," is the Lord responding to the prayer for overflow. I believe He was saying: Ok, this is how the overflow works -- Believe God, Rehearse who He is, Give thanks, Engage Him (You're mine -- I'm yours) to be refreshed in His presence. And do it especially when you don't feel like it, because that's when you need it most. If we haven't been doing this, repent by starting to do it. Our righteousness, strength, and confidence will be renewed, which will result in overflow.