Sunday, October 02, 2005

I teach... Part 2

In a previous post (see link below), I commented that the start of school is upon me and might decrease my postings. Well, I did.

Today in church, I suddenly realized that September was over and October has begun. I wanted to run around the room telling people.

September is a hard month for teachers (not to mention parents and homeschoolers, I suppose). There are so many adjustments to make, so many new things, people, situations. Additionally, I find that how I start a new school year often has a huge effect on my walk with the Lord for that year. Habits get cemented into place quickly and are hard to change until next summer's break (there is good news and bad news in that).

Generally, my wife and I joke about it, that the time between Labor Day and October 1 does not have a spare moment and goes by very quickly.

This year, I was concerned about the beginning of school for all the usual reasons and because of the blog. Would I be able to keep it up? The pastors of my church have been encouraging me to make a general announcement about doing writing it, but I have been holding off because of that concern.

Today, the Lord set me free from my worries. That is why I wanted to go running around the church and announcing the end of September.

Then, He dumped 6 different things into my lap to write on and gave me time to "hare" off after something else. Thank you, Lord.

Link