Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Seeing Jesus: Heb 10:16-17

Title: Intimacy
Hebrews 10:16-17 (NASB)
16 “This is the covenant that I will make with them
After those days, says the Lord:
I will put My laws upon their heart,
And on their mind I will write them,”
He then says,
17 “And their sins and their lawless deeds
I will remember no more.”
[Quoting Jeremiah 31:33-34]
John 14:21 (NASB)
21 He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him.”
"I, the Lord, the Word of God, will write the Law of God on your hearts and minds. And I will remember your sins no more."

God, seeing our failure, our sin, our lawlessness, took pity on us. He showed us mercy in the new covenant, through the broken body of His Son Jesus. He, by grace, has chosen to forget our sins. He, by grace, has chosen to write His law on our hearts and minds.

We who were lawless now have His law inside us.

We can submit in love to the One who loves us because we have His commandments in us. And when we keep the commands He has written on our hearts, He reveals Himself to us.

What an act of intimacy, to give us so precious a gift.

Thank you Jesus for writing yourself, the Logos, the Word of God on our hearts and on our minds. Help us to be keep those commandments that You have written there.

Labels: , , ,