Sunday, May 28, 2006

Steadfast

I was reading a posting by the Anchoress (see "link") about President Bush. Recently, the President has been on the receiving end of a lot of criticism from conservatives.

The gist of a long article, for me, was that Mr. Bush really has not changed very much over the last 6 years. He has been steadfast.

Therefore, I have begun praying these three verses for him.
Isaiah 26:3. The steadfast of mind You will keep in perfect peace, because he trusts in You.

Psalm 51:10. Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

1 Corinthians 15:57-58. ...but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord.
Disclaimer: I quite recognize that "the victory through our Lord..." is not a political victory.

Link