Thursday, August 18, 2005

God's will and Bloging

Good question over at Adrian Warnock's blog (see the "link" below).
Question for discussion: Does anyone ever get concerned with God's will when it comes to blogging?
I have been meditating on this verse for awhile:
Hebrews 5:14. But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice (or “habit”) have their senses trained to discern good and evil. NASB95
The leading of the Holy Spirit is part of a deep and intimate relationship. It grows out the willingness to be transparent before our brother, Jesus. It grows in the good ground of being willing to receive the Holy Spirit as Comforter, and as the who brings conviction of sin, and as the one who brings to remembrance all the things that Jesus has spoken. It grows as confidence in hearing that leading grows as it is checked by the word, by the counsel of others, and by experience. The leading grows over years of living relationship.

It is interesting that Paul juxtaposes talking about fruit with talking about walking with the Holy Spirit and being led by the Holy Spirit. One does not plant a tree in the spring and expect fruit that fall. It may produce some fruit in its first years, but will not bear a large crop for years. Patience and perseverance are required.

A tree does not think about bearing fruit. It soaks up the sun and the rain. It is in relationship with the sun and ground. And fruit is borne.

Walking in the leading of the Holy Spirit, as in a flow of revelation and relationship, seems to me to be a function of maturity. People who have practiced and trained to discern good and evil can more easily discern the leading of the Holy Spirit than a newborn Christian. (And yet, oh, for the eyes of the newborn; they see things we older ones do not.)

If I pursing relationship with Jesus first and foremost. If I pursuing transparency to the Holy Spirit. If I am training my senses to discern good and evil. Then the fruit will be mine and will be increasing. Then blogging becomes just another part of my relationship with Him.

I need to pray about what to read, what to post on, what to comment about. However, I trust that He will lead me in this place in my life as He has lead me in other places.

Link